Studio Art Director
Trailmix is looking for a Studio Art Director to join the team in London. You will work on and lead art on our award winning game Love & Pies.
As Studio Art Director, you will be responsible for managing and mentoring artists on the team, giving feedback and working on their career development. You’ll also develop production pipelines to allow us to build assets quickly, working with outsource teams and artists to set the gold standards, create briefs and give feedback.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help take the art team at Trailmix to the next level, and to turn Love & Pies into a massive hit without sacrificing its incredibly high visual quality.
We believe in small, autonomous and agile teams, making their own decisions — therefore your role will be highly impactful from day one. If you are looking for a role with huge impact, a lack of bureaucracy and the ability to release games quickly and iterate, this is a great opportunity.
- Be the dedicated Studio Art Director for Trailmix, taking the Love & Pies art team to the next level and laying the foundations for future games
- Direct, manage and mentor artists. We’re looking for leaders that want to help their team grow professionally
- Assist the art team in maintaining the high-quality visual style of Love & Pies
- Work closely and effectively with production and other disciplines to help with roadmap planning, prioritisation and managing workloads for the art team
- Create documentation for internal and external teams
- Provide clear direction and feedback for internal and external artists
- Contribute to brand and marketing material, including eye catching and innovative marketing art working closely with the marketing art lead
- Help with hiring for the team as it grows, including identifying role opportunities and need, creating role descriptions, interviewing and onboarding
- Previous experience working as a Lead Artist/AD on a successful mobile title
- Prior experience managing artists and providing clear feedback and career development
- An understanding of F2P development principles including data-driven development, User validation and technical constraints.
- The ability to work in a Lean development environment, creating work quickly for release
- A strong understanding of a variety of Art skills with the ability to give direction
- Be familiar with Unity and the technical constraints/considerations
- Experience working on a live game and able to manage/lead others with strict release deadlines
Trailmix is currently operating under a hybrid work model - we have 3 days a week (Monday, Thursday & Friday) in person at our brand new studio in Kings X with the remaining 2 days available to work from home.
- Flexible working
- Contributory Pension
- Tax advantaged Stock options
- Fully comprehensive Private Medical Care (premiums paid by Trailmix)
- 28 days Holiday (including 3 company holiday days around Christmas)
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Company gifts and swag
- Socials and events
Trailmix was founded to make a positive impact on our players, our community, and our colleagues. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture, and fostering an environment where people can flourish is our priority. We think it’s vital that players see themselves represented in games, and in Love & Pies we showcase the beautiful diversity of life. Love & Pies represents the people we are and the people we love, and we’re always looking to add more people who want to design games for everyone.