Explorers wanted: we are seeking a Finance Accountant/Assistant to join our growing team here at Trailmix games.
The role reports directly to the Finance Director and will cover not only core finance but also legal and HR spheres too. As a result you will be responsible for a broad range of tasks and processes with immense room for growth and breadth of learning.
This role suits an individual who has the desire to not only to progress their career as a finance professional but also play a key part in achieving Trailmix’s mission: to foster a culture of trust, respect and creativity which allows us to make beautiful long lasting games that can be played by everyone.
Responsibilities and scope:
- Own the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes including liaising with third party vendors, preparing weekly payment runs and cash & bank reconciliation
- Track, review and follow up on costs to ensure accurate budgeting and forecasting of operating expenses
- Create and maintain asset registers and other balance sheet processes
- Assist the Finance Director on month end and year end financials for statutory and investor reporting including journal postings, managing third party bookkeepers and ownership of the general ledger
- Play a core role in the yearly statutory UK audit and accounts prep to ensure a smooth and coordinated audit
- Explore and track internal Game KPI’s & metrics
- Assist in the completion of recurring tax compliance deliverables including Corporation tax return, quarterly VAT returns, P11Ds, PAYE settlements
- Seek out and improve upon strong financial processes and controls to ensure integrity and accuracy of all financial data
- Take on a range of ad hoc finance projects, reporting and analysis
- Facilitate and promote a comprehensive set of employee benefits and talent incentive programs
- Assist in commercial contract generation, review and renewal with business partners
- Play a proactive role in supporting the wider company by working closely with a range of teams and disciplines with a ‘how can I help’ mentality
- Part qualified or committed to undertaking an accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Bachelor Degree (2.1+) or higher level (does not have to be in a finance related field) highly desirable
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and is committed to seeing tasks through
- Detail oriented and always looking for efficiencies
- Adheres to timeframes, manages conflicting priorities, meets deadlines and is reliable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Displays proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft & Google software’s
- Passion for games and joining a growing games company
Trailmix is based in Kings Cross London, and was founded in 2017 out of the belief that mobile games can have a positive impact on people's lives. We are partnered with Supercell, one of the most successful gaming companies in the world, whose values and focus on allowing small teams to achieve great things are aligned with ours.
Our team values are reflected in our first game, Love & Pies, which having only recently launched is already poised for global success. Love & Pies features a loveable cast of diverse characters, storylines and romances that all of our team — and, we hope, all of our players — can identify with.
Trailmix is currently operating under a hybrid work model - we have 3 days a week (Monday, Thursday & Friday) in person at our brand new studio in Kings X with the remaining 2 days available to work from home.
- Study Support
- Flexible working (core hours 10.00 - 18.00)
- Contributory Pension
- Tax advantaged Stock options
- Fully comprehensive Private Medical Care (premiums paid by Trailmix)
- 28 days Holiday (including 3 company holiday days around Christmas)
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- Company gifts and swag
- Socials and events